In Swahili, Karama means “Gracious gift from God.” It is to be distinguished from ‘zawadi’ which are gifts from one person to another.
In Arabic, Karama means “Honor, dignity”.
Also, I once got an email from a Russian guy named Karama who said that karama means “polar bear” in Russian.
For others named Karama scroll here.
Both women and men are named Karama, and it is both a given name and a family name. I like the name because it gives me something to work towards. Thank for choosing it, Mommy!
- 100 Best Blogs for Those Who Want to Change the World - So What Can I Do is #12!
- Sync Weekly - March 4, 2009
- Winner of the 2009 Black Web Award for Most Original Blog
- Emory Report - April 2008
- Positive Thinking - September 2007
- ScienceToLife - January 2007
- DarynKagan.com - January 2007
- EmoryWire - May 2005
- Naked Burrito recipe Atlanta Journal-Constitution