Five Elements of Prayer
I have found that these five concepts are critical to focused and fulfilling prayer work:
- Worship & Praise
- Gratitude & Thanksgiving
- Confession & Humility
- Blessings & Benedictions
- Requests & Supplications
Remember these five elements by using one or more of the following phrases or create you own. Each capital letter of the key words serves as a mnemonic device for one of the five elements of prayer and the phrase itself is motivating for daily life.
- Work with God and Community for a Better Reality.
- Be Ready to Change, Grow, and Work.
- Be the Change a Great World Requires.
- God’s Community is the World, Right here and Beyond.
- Wait on God. Be Ready to Change.
- Please God, HELP. I’m Begging for Relief (for _______).
I’ve collected some of my favorite prayers for general use and inspiration. I trust these elements and the tools to remember them will be a blessing to you!